2020 Regional Agribusiness Credit Intern – Louisville
Internships & Recent Grads
At CoBank, our Regional Agribusiness Credit Intern assists with the preparation and analysis of credit actions. This intern will partner with Credit Analysts and Relationship Managers to develop their industry knowledge, as well as maintain historical trend analysis for the Louisville portfolio. You will also go on customer visits and attend industry conferences to gain first hand experience with our borrowers. A typical project as a Regional Agribusiness Credit intern may include developing and presenting industry recommendations for future growth opportunities. CoBank interns learn real-life business skills and assist with a variety of projects that have impact on the bank’s operations. This is a paid position for undergraduate and graduate students working toward a degree in Ag Economics, Ag Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
In addition, various training courses are available throughout the summer for interns. A living stipend will be included.
This 2020 summer intern position is located in our Louisville office.
- High school diploma and 1-2 years relevant experience or education.
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a degree in Ag Economics, Ag Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- Basic understanding of balance sheets, income statements and cash flows.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of financial statements.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to model in Excel.
- Aptitude for learning other software applications.
- Ability to perform research across multiple systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience in banking or financial services industry.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Knowledge of cooperative principles and the desire to expand in this area.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.