Senior Manager/Manager, Data Strategy-Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes data strategy programs and activities with organizational goals.
- Develops new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creates and manages long-term initiatives, and develops data strategy budgets and operating plans.
- Develops an evaluation methodology to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writes program funding proposals to ensure delivery of services to various stakeholders.
- Implements and manages changes to ensure project/program goals are achieved. Works to ensure customer satisfaction, quality and team member performance goals are achieved.
- Meets with both internal and external stakeholders regularly to facilitate relevant and transparent communication, and ensure continued engagement and buy-in.
- Produces accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle. Analyzes program risks, issues and activity to ensure strategic objectives are achieved.
- Serves as a thought leader, drives the use of data-driven approaches, and seeks to expand the range of fields in which data insight adds value to decision making.
- Manages data programs and supports strategic initiatives where data management is a critical factor. Provides data related expertise across CoBank programs and projects.
- Drives the development, implementation and scaling of data projects, including timelines and budgets.
- Partners with technology to enable the business to effectively define, use, and share data assets.
- Facilitates the sharing of best practices between teams, including technical approaches, data governance, stakeholder management, and the use of enterprise information management.
- Fosters the adoption of common terminology, language and perspectives for data management.
- Manages staff. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, engages and motivates staff, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions. Develops and trains staff to have the capabilities and abilities to execute at a high level of performance, timeliness, efficiency, effectiveness, and professionalism. Takes prompt and appropriate corrective actions to address staff performance and/or behavioral issues. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or a related field.
- Seven (7) or more years of business, data governance, data management, or related experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with at least three (3) years of information asset management experience; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years of management experience.
- Master’s/advanced degree in information technology or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in the financial services, lending/leasing business, agribusiness, communications, energy, international and/or cooperatives, with a basic knowledge of banking and lending terminology preferred.
- Proficient in data governance and data management policies, standards, and procedures.
- Proven track record of establishing and leading data vision, strategy, principles and standards in a large enterprise environment. Demonstrated ability to secure support and engagement from internal and external stake-holders, management, and business partners, and work with cross-functional team members to support business processes and system solutions. Client facing consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to independently develop roadmap and vision materials for the data strategy and program.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability build and motivate data professionals, and foster a high performing, effective, diverse and inclusive team.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical/business documents.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of assessing business processes and scenarios and developing flexible and appropriate technical approaches to support business strategies and goals.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage diverse, cross functional teams and a complex data oriented program, make recommendations for action, and produce on-time results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to manage and schedule workload and projects in order to navigate peaks and prioritize multiple competing commitments. Skilled at managing short-term objectives to meet long-term goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Able to lead teams, work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management and executive leadership across the bank.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including the ability to understand and translate abstract concepts and ideas, and communicate in both a business and technical context to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.