The Industry Economist/Senior Economist produces economic research for the grains, oilseeds, farm supply, and biofuel sectors. The analyst’s primary responsibility is to deliver timely, insightful, and concise industry/economic research reports and analyses to internal and external audiences. The analyst will also present at customer events, lead webinars, and respond to customer requests for information. Toward this end, he or she will work collaboratively with other CoBank associates with a shared interest in the industry to identify key trends and industry issues. Critical skills for the job include writing, ability to synthesize data and information into meaningful projections, and the desire/ability to become an industry thought leader.
- Bachelor’s degree plus master’s-level knowledge equivalent, in agricultural/applied economics or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an agribusiness or related industry economic analyst.
- Master’s degree.
- Excellent analytical, written, and public speaking skills.
- Proven self-starter and ability to initiate and complete research projects in his or her field of expertise under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and provide written or oral summaries to key bank decision makers and customers.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to apply a global and national macroeconomic perspective to grain and oilseed-related industries.
- Possess a network of industry contacts.
- Travel up to 20%.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.