Software Engineer – ServiceNow
At CoBank, our Software Engineer will analyze, design, develop, configure, test and debug enhancements and new implementations of custom and third party applications at CoBank. This role with be responsible for providing technical leadership for development projects, adhering to CoBank development methodology and producing appropriate supporting documentation. This individual will also provide business hours and after hours support for applications already in production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides workday and after-hours production support, including troubleshooting, problem correction, testing, and promotion to the production environment.
- Analyzes root cause of application issues and facilitates resolution by coordinating with the vendor, internal IT and users as appropriate.
- Collaborate with QA, Infrastructure and Development teams
- Triage and research root cause of technical and systems issues
- Participate in agile development process
- Provides QA expertise in reviewing technical project deliverables for other technical staff
- Understands priority and can adjust, multitask and delegate as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or relevant discipline
- 4+ years MS development technologies including: C#/VB.NET, SQL Server and ASP.NET
- 4+ years ServiceNow development and administration
- 4+ years MS SQL Server tools and database design concepts including SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, SSIS and SSRS
- 4+ years of ASP. NET MVC
- 2+ years direct experience with Java Script including AJAX, JQuery, and JSON
- Additional related skill sets include CSS, HTML, IIS configuration and XML
- Familiarity with Source Code Control tools such as TFS or Visual Source Safe
- Experience with at least one system design/development methodology (RUP, TDD, BIM)
- Experience with Secure application Development (OWASP top 10, Threat Modeling etc.)
- Familiarity with reporting and automated job scheduling tools
- Financial Services industry experience
- Excellent problem solving, trouble-shooting, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.