Quantitative Risk Analyst
Legal & Risk
At CoBank, the Quantitative Risk Analyst performs advanced model assessment of the bank’s complex models as part of the Model Risk function. This role is responsible for assessing the performance and suitability of models by evaluating their mathematical theory and construct, analyzing the relevance of assumptions, accuracy of data and calculations. This is a hands-on role requiring strong skill set in statistics, econometrics, or financial mathematics.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be an integral part of a team with high visibility and responsibility in the organization. We are seeking a self-motivated, highly-driven, inquisitive and creative problem solver with passion to deliver risk insight and to perform hands on quantitative analysis on its complex models. This position will allow you to partner with model users and developers and perform in-depth quantitative analysis beyond the scope of models used and provide recommendations for continuous model enhancements. You will also be a resource in all quantitative risk initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, computer science, economics or relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a quantitative area; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Advanced statistical skills and experience with statistical packages and/or analytical software.
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing macroeconomic forecasting models, loss forecasting, time series models, cross sectional analysis.
- Experience with Asset/Liability risk analyses principles such as interest rate risk, liquidity risk, funding risk, and currency risk.
- Knowledge of the finance and lending industry including but not limited to instrument structures/types and financial markets knowledge as well as knowledge of overall risk management and finance concepts.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates initiative and persistence.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills.
- FRM, PRM, and/or CFA certification.
- MATLAB, SAS or R
- Computer programming skills (C++ or .Net)
- Knowledge of financial, mathematical modeling theory and practice.
- Knowledge and/or experience with credit and market risk modeling practices and concepts desired; experience in economic capital modeling is ideal.
- Knowledge of agriculture industry.
- Some travel may be required.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.