Credit Analyst/Senior Credit Analyst/Credit Officer – Communications
Credit & Relationship Management
At CoBank, our Credit Analyst/Senior Credit Analyst/Credit Officer analyzes the current, historical, and projected financial condition and repayment capacity of the bank’s largest and most complex commercial borrowers. Evaluates validity of borrower business plan based on assessment of industry outlook, competition, technology, management and overall capital structure. Prepares clear, substantive credit reports and presents those credit reports for loan committee and co-sponsors or approves credits within prescribed credit limits. Assists and advises account officer on appropriate loan structure and overall account management strategies. Take a leadership role in account servicing, credit administration, collateral and compliance monitoring and other high-level administrative duties to assist the account officer in managing the banking relationship. Completes special projects and participates and authors industry research as requested by manager. Develops and recommends improvement to analytical cash flow models, and internal processes and procedures.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be an integral cash flow underwriting and credit resource within the constantly evolving telecommunication’s industry. This role supports a seasoned and diverse sales team responsible for growing CoBank’s highly profitable telecom portfolio through high profile, highly structured cash flow transactions to a diverse set of companies within a dynamic industry that includes fiber transport, datacenters, wireless, broadband, cable and traditional phone providers. We are looking for a highly engaged, self-motivated team-player that is able to identify key transaction risks, exercise sound credit judgment and help develop unique financing and structuring solutions for a diverse customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in credit/finance, preferably in banking or financial services industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business law.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and preparation of pro forma financial statements.
- Ability to develop loan structuring alternatives to mitigate risk and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Ability to perform discounted cash flow analysis, capital budgeting (internal rate of return, net present value, etc.), and equity valuation calculations.
- Advanced ability to use spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications.
- Understanding of commercial loan documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- MBA (finance or related discipline).
- Some travel required.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.