Senior Software Engineer – Data Warehouse and Cognos Reporting
At CoBank, our Software Engineer – Data Warehouse and Cognos Reporting analyzes designs, develops, configures, tests and implements changes to new and existing custom and third party Data Warehouse and Reporting applications at CoBank.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides workday and after-hours production support for applications already in production, including troubleshooting, problem correction, testing, and promotion to the production environment. Analysis of root cause of application issues and facilitates resolution by coordinating with the vendor, internal IT and users as appropriate.
- Provides QA expertise in reviewing technical project deliverables for other technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or relevant discipline and 5-7 years’ of experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with the Cognos suite of Business Intelligence tools or a combination of Cognos and other reporting tools (Version 10 preferred) as a developer.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with Framework Manager modeling and cube construction in Transformer within the Cognos environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) and multi-dimensional databases (e.g. Cognos PowerPlay cubes)
- Experience in banking or financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Source Code Control tools such as PVCS, Visual Source Safe, or Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of automated job scheduling tools such as Control-M or Autosys and Unix.
- Experience as a Cognos administrator including installation upgrades and security maintenance.
- Familiarity with ETL tools (e.g. Informatica).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Familiarity with installation and support of Hyperion Shared Services, Essbase, HFM, and Reports.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Windows batch and/or UNIX shell scripting.
- Knowledge in at least one system design/development methodology (Agile/Scrum, RUP, SDLC, BIM, etc.).
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.