Senior Software Engineer – LANSA
At CoBank, our Senior Software Engineer – LANSA will analyze, design, develop, configure, test and implement changes to new and existing custom and third party applications at CoBank. This role will also provide business hours and after hours support to applications already in production. Additionally, the Senior Software Engineer – iSeries will provide technical direction and guidance to less experienced technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field
- 6-10 years’ experience, including a minimum of 5+ years of LANSA development technologies (including LANSA for iSeries and Visual LANSA); or an appropriate combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, oral and written communication skills
- Availability to work off-hours and on-call production support
- Additional related skill sets include IBM CL and RPG
- Ability to provide first level of advice/assistance on procedures and work methods for software engineers and application developers
- Ability to define, design and implement new technology solutions.
- Ability to identify and participate in issue resolution and process refinement, challenging existing solutions.
- Ability to support 3rd party Windows applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to broaden technical, functional, and industry skill base and to keep current with industry information and technical knowledge databases
- Occasional travel
- Knowledge of ACBS
- Familiarity with HelpSystem ROBOT tools
- Familiarity with automated job scheduling tools such as Control-M
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Exposure to LEAN, Six Sigma or similar Operational Excellence methodologies.
- Exposure to Microsoft Server products such as SharePoint
- Exposure to ServiceNow
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.