Partners with core CoBank business and support units and Leasing Business Solutions (LBS) associates to architect solutions for key new products, system enhancements/upgrades, processes, and workflows. Participates in identification/alignment of the best solution enterprise wide and assesses the impacts across the organization. Partners with the IT Application Architect and IT stakeholders to identify and implement application solutions to meet business needs. Maintains an inventory of business opportunities and problems, cross functional impacts, and proposed solutions. Defines, assesses and aligns business requirements with proposed solutions. Assists in definition of the business benefits of solutions and aligns or recommends initiatives to achieve maximum benefit. Maintains process models and other documentation to assist with enterprise wide impact analysis and scoping of proposed initiatives. Participates in Quality Review Practice to review, recommend, and implement quality improvements in project management and business analysis methodology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with core CoBank business and support units to align key new products, processes, and workflows with system capabilities and enterprise wide business goals.
- Participates in the design of key new processes, new systems, process/system enhancements, and system upgrades. Maintains process models, context diagrams, and other process and technical documentation to assist in the impact analysis and scoping of key initiatives.
- Partners with business and support units to perform business benefit analyses on key initiatives for use in project scoping and enterprise priority assessments.
- Participates in the development and/or review of key project charters, business requirements, test plans/scripts, communication plans and training plans.
- Partners with HR training and business units to develop and provide process and application training.
- Monitors inventory of enhancement requests, problem tickets, and requirements and aligns them with upcoming initiatives or recommends initiatives for the annual Information Systems Plan or other programs.
- Reviews application/system release notes and other vendor documentation to stay current on system capabilities and potential new solutions to existing problems or business goals.
- Reviews, recommends and implements quality improvements in project management and business analysis methodology.
- Partners with business and IT stakeholders to assess and recommend prioritization of key initiatives. Facilitates the annual application planning process in partnership with business units and Application Architect.
- Assists the business units and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Managers in establishing application RTO’s and business continuity and application recovery solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with emphasis in accounting, finance and/or computer information systems or relevant discipline preferred and 10 years banking experience, including 5-7 years in commercial or large corporate banking; or appropriate combination of education and experience preferred. Knowledge of the fundamentals of banking, preferably with working knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Lending, Leasing, Trade and Cash Management Services and supporting operations.
- Advanced knowledge of medium to large bank lease accounting system and/or knowledge of banking business, systems, and operations.
- Financial acumen to develop, perform both qualitative and quantitative cost benefit analyst, and value realization analysis.
- Advanced understanding of program management concepts, project management and implementation techniques, business analysis methodologies, process re-engineering and change management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures preferred.
- Advanced ability to evaluate and problem solve, negotiate, and influence.
- Experience with managing and supporting multiple enterprise initiatives and understanding how initiatives affect core business functions.
- Ability to implement business and technical solutions across the organization, as appropriate.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, and PC skills.
- Some travel.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.