Sr. Manager – Enterprise Risk Management
Legal & Risk
At CoBank, the Sr. Manager Enterprise Risk Management leads Risk Management programs and processes including the Model Risk Governance, Vendor Risk Governance, Insurance and Risk Assessment programs and processes.
How to achieve outstanding performance:
- Successfully execute and drive acceptance of the Risk Management programs and practices including Model Risk, Vendor Risk, Insurance and Risk Assessment at CoBank.
- Inspire and champion the drive for continuous enhancement and improvement of risk management programs and practices.
- Collaborate with business users across the organization to deliver value to program users and ensure program adoption.
- Spearhead other enterprise risk management initiatives as requested.
- Utilize quantitative techniques, tools and data to facilitate decision making and optimize
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, math, statistics, or relevant discipline; master’s degree or above preferred
- 7-10 years in risk management or related area including 4+ years of experience using, SAS, SQL or R to perform advanced analysis.
- Previous managerial experience is required
- Proven experience with risk management programs and processes such as Model Risk, Vendor Risk, or risk assessment processes
- Must possess demonstrated quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with financial risk modeling practices and concepts required.
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Knowledge of the finance and lending industry including but not limited to instrument structures/types and financial markets
- Experience leading medium to large-scale initiatives
- FRM, PRM, and/or CFA certification preferred
- Experience with vendor tools (QRM, Moody’s Risk Frontier, SunGard’s Abacus, SAS) strongly preferred
- Work experience within the Farm Credit System preferred
- Knowledge of agriculture industry preferred
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and demonstrates high level of motivation, initiative, and persistence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.