Supervisor, Loan Processing
Legal & Risk
Provides general supervision of the collateral paralegal team including workflow, administrative oversight, technical expertise, associate coaching, feedback and functional participation. Serves as a subject matter expert for complex collateral issues for commercial loan closings. Assumes ownership of the most complex collateral related work and serves as the point of escalation for the paralegals. Assists paralegal team in drafting collateral related legal documents and resolving complex issues related to title documents. Offers advanced training and development to the paralegals on matters related to title insurance, lien searches, legal descriptions, review of title documents and the preparation of legal documents. Recommends work allocation changes to ensure effective and efficient operations within the department. Supervises team performance, service level standards, and completion of special projects. Responsible for task prioritization, service level adherence and special projects. Additionally, serves as subject matter expert, and is responsible for team quality assurance and adherence to key controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises workflow and establishes priorities to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Assesses team training needs and coordinates training opportunities. Serves as a point of escalation to resolve the most complex transactional issues.
- Provides tactical guidance and functional participation in transactions and daily work and ensures that all compliance activities are consistent with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as CoBank policies and procedures. Performs secondary review of finished work product, including reviewing legal documents for accuracy. Maintains own portfolio and provides back up support for other team members.
- Monitors control reports and performs related research and problem solving. Prepares ad hoc reports.
- Participates and/or leads project teams to meet project deliverables.
- Coordinates with other loan processing managers, supervisors and staff in the division and in other areas of the organization on matters of mutual interest.
- Coordinates interaction with auditors, Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts, Capital Markets, external vendors and bank customers.
- Identifies and documents key controls impacting financial reporting.
- Regularly communicates with SVP & Managing Counsel and Lead Attorneys regarding issues and status, as needed.
- Maintains current relevant knowledge base through attendance at relevant trainings, work groups and other experts.
- Supervises staff. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
- High School diploma.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant commercial real estate transaction experience.
- One (1) or more years of relevant supervisory experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- Paralegal certification strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of legal, commercial lending, commercial loan instruments and pertinent documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of ACBS, purchase participations, syndicated transactions and/or commercial loan collateral, lease terminology, title insurance, real estate law, the Uniform Commercial Code and collateral documentation strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Intermediate leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)..
- Availability for occasional work outside of business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.