Legal & Risk
At CoBank, the Director, Compliance implements, oversees and manages all aspects of the bank’s Compliance Program, including staff development, monitoring, reporting, recordkeeping, and training. The Director works closely with the Standards of Conduct and Compliance Officer and management team to identify, manage and report on risks related to Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism, Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act requirements, the bank’s anti-fraud program, and FCA regulations as applicable, to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct, as well as to ensure continued currency and relevancy in guidance to employees. This role will lead and direct ongoing Compliance Program enhancements in response to emerging risks, changing requirements, maintaining appropriate business practices, and developing staff to meet the bank’s ongoing Compliance Program resource needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Eleven (11) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in banking or financial services; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) or more years of management/supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certification in Anti-Money Laundering (CAMS) and/or Compliance preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of banking lending and operations areas.
- Strong understanding of applicable regulations.
- Previous experience working with regulators, examiners, and/or other governing entities.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of assessing business processes and developing appropriate approaches to support compliance strategies and goals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage workload and projects, and prioritize multiple and/or competing priorities.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage diverse teams and complex programs, make recommendations and deliver on commitments.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cross-department consensus, and champion the compliance function across the organization.
- Strong presentation skills, with experience providing training and guidance to staff members on compliance issues, and effectively present information to diverse groups.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of NICE Actimize Suspicious Activity Monitoring system or similar software preferred.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.