Senior Asset/Liability Risk Analyst
Legal & Risk
At CoBank, In the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at CoBank, the Senior Asset Liability Risk Analyst analyzes and reports on the balance sheet’s interest rate risk, supports the development and continuous improvement of CoBank’s risk management modeling assumptions/practices and other ad-hoc analyses. This role will also assist in researching and implementing best practices in data strategy and analysis.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be an integral part of a new team with high visibility and responsibility in the organization. In this job you will perform robust enterprise-wide risk modeling for CoBank’s $125 billion balance sheet and you will be responsible for accurately modeling a variety of financial instruments and market sectors while working with a range of individuals across the bank and CoBank’s district. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly-driven, inquisitive individual with deep problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline
- Three (3) or more years accounting or finance experience, preferably in financial services institutions; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience with market risk vendor tools such as QRM, Bancware or Polypath.
- Strong technical writing, financial analysis, and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of financial and risk modeling practices and concepts, financial instruments, and financial markets.
- A solid understanding of the bank’s balance sheet and income statement, including balance sheet dynamics and interest rate risk concepts.
- Detail orientation with the ability to effectively utilize quantitative models to analyze risk.
- Proven experience with process improvement, data strategy and problem solving.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to meet multiple deadlines under tight time constraints and work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry a plus.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.