Senior Data Warehouse Architect
Responsible for providing advanced technical skills and leadership in the design, development, control, and use of business data. Accountable for the full cycle of consulting, design, data modeling, coding, testing and documentation of the company’s data warehouse. Proactively investigates opportunities to increase the value of the data to the business, and focuses on projects that improve business processes. Responsible for the integrity, security, and processing of business data and files. Works with Senior Technical Analysts and Developers to translate requirements into technical specifications. Participates in modernizing the EDW/platform by utilizing data architecture best practices. Collaborates with the team and stakeholders to build solutions that support CoBank’s reporting, analytics, data exploration and data science needs. Leads process improvement initiatives and sets best practice standards around Data Architecture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, builds and maintains data warehouse solutions to support Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting projects using Informatica, Cognos, Tableau, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Defines policies, procedures, and governance for the data warehouse/platform that is aligned with the overall BI strategy. Ensures consistent use of data architecture standards.
- Designs and builds conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data models and third normal form artifacts.
- Provides expertise and guidance in the creation and refinement of agile technical stories for data architecture and development.
- Supports new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure. Develops processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components.
- Translates user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan. Provide hands-on development of solutions; and supports the analysis and discovery processes
- Recommends supplemental data warehouse technologies if needed
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in data warehouse concepts (star schema, snowflake schemas, and normalized and de-normalized data models). Analyzes performance statistics and recommend improvements.
- Manages and/or provides support for IT architecture projects as applicable, with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Responsible for planning, tracking, budget variances, and deliverables as defined. Coordinates resources from the IT organization, the business, and/or external vendors and partners.
- Works with internal business leaders to define scope, project timeline, deliverables and priorities on individual and competing projects or business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology (IT), or other relevant discipline
- Ten (10) or more years of IT experience, including five (5) or more years of data warehouse architecture experience; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of data warehouse technology architecture and standards.
- Proven experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of BI Solutions (End-to-End), over multiple technologies, size and scale of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and contribute expertise in the areas of BI and data warehouse architecture
- Expertise in using standard modeling tools, such as Erwin, ERStudio.
- Experience with designing architectural solutions across platforms, and using multiple data layers presented in a federated schematic layer.
- Advanced process experience with Software and Infrastructure Change management, Release Management, and Source Code Configuration Control
- Advanced knowledge of identifying and documenting business requirements in a business intelligence environment
- Advanced knowledge of Informatica; intermediate skills in Joint Application Design (JAD) facilitation or other requirements gathering techniques; and experience with data profiling tools and processes
- Understanding of modern BI technologies in the areas of virtualization, streaming and data warehouse as a service
- Ability to recognize issues, take ownership and drive to resolution with minimal supervision, and to escalate issues appropriately
- Solid understanding and ability to implement project management concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, quality and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management, and internal customers across the bank, as well as external vendors and other stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple projects and priorities. Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures, and adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Experience in banking or financial services preferred.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.