Leasing Legal Specialist III
Legal & Risk
Responsible for managing the origination activities for complex equipment and facility lease transactions, including lease projects and capital market transactions. Responsible for transactional prioritization, documentation, interim funding management, quality assurance, funding and booking activities. Works in a team environment and collaborates with Relationship Managers (RMs), Asset Management, Credit, Attorneys (internal and external), customers and lease partners to ensure that lease origination commitments are fulfilled. Serves as an alternate point of contact for partners and customers when RMs or Account Managers (AMs) are not available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and delivers accurate complex equipment and facility lease transaction origination services. Completes funding activities for assigned transactions to meet internal, partner and customer commitments. Performs appropriate due diligence according to Farm Credit Leasing (FCL) policies and prepares vendor payment requests within authority limits. Obtains additional approval from FCL leadership for payment requests outside of authority.
- Manages transactional projects requiring interim funding activities. Ensures appropriate approvals and due diligence have been completed prior to processing progress payments.
- Works with CoBank internal counsel, and when necessary, external attorney regarding negotiated documents. Modifies lease documents to reflect negotiated terms.
- Completes UCC filings within regulatory guidelines. Obtains and reviews UCC searches, coordinates preparation of necessary no-interest letter(s), and follows-up to obtain. Obtains and reviews title reports, opinions, commitments and final policies on equipment and facility leases attached to real estate to ensure that FCL retains access rights to the asset throughout the lease term.
- Completes booking activities to meet internal, partner and customer commitments.
- Backs up other team members. Performs structured closing activities for other team members in support of work load leveling.
- Performs quality assurance functions. Works with FCL team to ensure that high quality standards are achieved. Mentors team on opportunities for quality improvement.
- Communicates closing status to RMs, AMs and leadership. Keeps supervisor / manager informed of work load, and transaction issues.
- Actively engages with FCL/Attorney team contributing to fulfillment of overall partner and customer origination commitments and issue resolution.
- Performs follow-up activities with partner and customer to ensure that closing requirements have been fulfilled.
- Leads or participates in transaction project status calls, and participates in on-site visits to assigned accounts to build relationships and improve service.
- Cross-trains in order to assist and back-up other associates. Proficient with servicing relationships for other team members.
- Works closely with RMs, AMs, Customers and lease partners to provide superior customer service.
- Assists leadership with mentoring, training and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or sales and marketing preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience, preferably in the leasing industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of leasing industry, leasing documentation, tax and closing requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel), Tvalue, CRM, Rapport.
- Strong knowledge of the Farm Credit System preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work and projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide mentoring and guidance to lower level associates.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability for occasional work outside of business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.