SVP, Capital Markets
Credit & Relationship Management
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages teams that originate, structure, price, and market syndicated bank debt, private placement, tax-exempt bond, and asset securitization transactions for the RABG, CABG, and RIBG lending areas.
- Manages Team Leaders and group that advise relationship managers on structuring and pricing credit facilities, including competitive market analysis and appropriate transaction structure to promote investor demand.
- Manages key institutional investor relationships with commercial, investment, and Farm Credit Banks and Associations, as well as insurance companies to provide strong asset distribution network.
- Manages Team Leaders and group involved with syndications and participations administrative agency services.
- Manages Team Leaders involved with the sell-down of participations and assignments in CoBank credits to other Farm Credit System institutions and commercial banks in order to implement effective portfolio management strategies.
- Manages the Financial Institutions Relationship Manager to originate buy-side transactions for CABG, RABG, and RIBG with commercial banks, private placement agents, asset-based lenders, private equity, and financial sponsors. Works with all lending areas to develop prospects and new relationships.
- Provides technical guidance and critical evaluation to transaction teams on competitive pricing analysis.
- Markets, together with Capital Markets Team Leaders and relationship managers, the syndication, private placement and tax-exempt bond strategic alliances and other capital markets products as they are developed. Provides ongoing support to the relationship managers for these products.
- Conducts special projects and product development for capital markets-related products.
- Participates in planning activities for the RABG, CABG, and RIBG lending groups. Contributes expertise to the process regarding areas of responsibility.
- Manages and trains the Capital Markets Team Leaders and Associates and assists them in developing their relationships with institutional investors, relationship managers and customers. Provides leadership and guidance in capital markets techniques.
- Ensures the effective day-to-day operation of the unit. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Responsible for recruiting, development and motivation of talent across the Capital Markets platform through assignments and training programs, guides and provides challenging growth opportunities for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a relevant discipline.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of relevant experience; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Broad knowledge of capital markets, credit and financing alternatives in a commercial or investment banking environment.
- Excellent business development, organizational, negotiation, credit, presentation, marketing, and sales skills.
- Skills in motivating and managing a workforce focusing on customer marketing, development, service and credit delivery to achieve desired results.
- Strong management and solutions-based problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent leadership, people management and organizational development skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, and promote, foster and build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Demonstrated decision making abilities, and proven credibility in influencing and working effectively with business unit management, senior officers and executives.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build successful relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to cultivate and foster a high performance execution culture across the Capital Markets teams and drive accountability with other business segment partners.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.