Lease Closing Specialist III
Are you looking to become part of a strong company with a mission you can stand behind? If so, this is an opportunity for you! Leasing Legal Specialists play a crucial role in executing CoBank’s mission to serve as a dependable provider of credit to agriculture and rural infrastructure businesses. This position will allow you to grow and build a career in a team focused environment that values customer excellence, industry knowledge and sound credit quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and delivers accurate standard equipment and facility lease documents. Collaborates with Sales, Asset Management, Credit, and Tax. Prepares lease documentation to meet timelines and comply with corporate guidelines, policies and underwriting standards.
- Manages standard equipment and facility transactions requiring interim funding activities or reimbursement to the customers. Ensures that an appropriate level of due diligence, required approvals, and any required recording of documentation in the land records is completed prior to disbursing funds.
- Provides support to assigned RMs and AMs, and backs up other team members as necessary.
- Participates in quality assurance checkpoints. Works with Farm Credit Leasing team to ensure that high quality standards are achieved. Works with team opportunities for quality improvement.
- Communicates deal status to supervisor / manager, RMs and AMs. Keeps supervisor / manager informed of workload and transaction issues.
- Performs follow-up activities with partners and customers to ensure that closing requirements have been fulfilled.
- Participates in, or leads with supervisor assistance, relationship status calls, and participates in on-site visits to assigned accounts to build relationships and improve service.
- Cross-trains in order to assist and back-up other associates. Proficient with servicing relationships for other team members.
- Works closely with RMs, AMs, Customers and lease partners to provide superior customer service.
- May assist leadership with mentoring, training and/or continuous improvement opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or sales and marketing preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in the leasing industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Availability for occasional work outside of business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
- Working knowledge of leasing industry, leasing documentation, tax and closing requirements.
Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel), Tvalue, CRM, Rapport.
- Working knowledge of the Farm Credit System preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work and projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.