Sector Vice President, Corporate Finance
Credit & Relationship Management
At CoBank, Sector Vice President, Corporate Finance Leads a Corporate Agribusiness team of relationship managers that are responsible for the market development, prospecting, account management, and credit underwriting for large corporate customer relationships. Works with team to develop, market, and underwrite comprehensive financial solutions for customers involving all of the CoBank products. Manages directly and indirectly the overall profitability and credit quality of a loan portfolio. Approves credit decisions as appropriate. Supervises the implementation of marketing and account servicing plans. Provides value-added advisory and credit structuring consultation to customers, relationship managers, and credit underwriting. Trains, develops and supports other account officers in their relationship management responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads relationship managers and product areas of the bank to develop profitable long-term relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Works together with credit to underwrite and manage profitable risk/return transactions with customers.
- Advises relationship managers on structuring and pricing credit facilities and other financial products. May have primary coverage of a limited number of key accounts.
- Works together with the Division Management to develop profitability targets for the portfolio in conjunction with bank/group profitability targets. Counsels with other account officers in the establishment of individual targets and in the ongoing achievement of such targets.
- Establishes and manages key credit quality parameters for the portfolio. Advises account officers on the development and achievement of credit quality goals, including appropriate intervention measures to maintain the quality of the account.
- Reviews approval or approves the extension of credit to certain accounts which require a higher level of delegated authority.
- Conducts special projects and product development for the Corporate Agribusiness Group.
- Participates in planning activities for the group. Contributes expertise to the process regarding areas of responsibility.
- Manages assigned officers and assists them in their relationships with customers. Provides leadership and guidance in relationship management and marketing techniques. Through assignments and training programs, provides developmental opportunities for staff.
- Implements long and short-range marketing plans and account servicing plans. Coaches account officers on achievement of plans.
- Analyzes, structures, and obtains approval for portfolio transactions; negotiates and documents terms and conditions.
- Manages team associates. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant discipline.
- Twelve (12) or more years of relevant experience, including complex transactions and industry expertise, preferably in a corporate or investment banking environment; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Supervisor/managerial experience preferred.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets, corporate finance, credit structuring and financing alternatives.
- Knowledge of applicable agribusiness industry and commodity segments.
- Advanced knowledge of credit structuring, loan syndications, and general corporate finance skills.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate and train a skilled team of banking professionals focused on customer service, credit delivery, and achieving desired business results.
- Ability to manage a high work load of complex bank loan financing and effectively prioritize responsibilities and those of the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build and maintain effective relationships with key executives, internal team members, and external stakeholders, partners and customers.
- Strong business acumen, management and solutions-based problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and influence key decisions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.