Manager, Change Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies structured methodology (such as ADKAR) and leads change management activities and processes to create strategies supporting the adoption of changes required by a project or initiative.
- Assesses the impact of change by evaluating and ensuring associate readiness, identifying key stakeholders, and conducting impact analyses. Completes change management assessments throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Facilitates and supports the design, development, direction of delivery and management of deliverables for change management communications.
- Develops and delivers training curriculums in support of the change efforts for initiative related programs.
- Identifies, analyzes and prepares risk mitigation tactics and strategies for potential areas of resistance.
- Consults and coaches project teams, and integrates change management activities into project plans.
- Creates actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans, and resistance management plans.
- Serves as a resource for senior leaders and executives in their role of change sponsor. Provides direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through organizational transitions.
- Supports organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities for project execution.
- Tracks and reports project progress of change management issues to project sponsors and project management teams.
- Defines and measures standard change management success metrics and monitors change progress for change initiatives. Works with the EPMO to manage change initiatives across a portfolio of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Change Management, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, Organizational Development or other relevant discipline.
- Eight (8) or more years of Marketing, Communications, Project Management, Organizational Development or other relevant experience, including five (5) or more years leading change initiatives.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Change management certification such as Prosci preferred.
- Proven experience with large-scale organizational change initiatives, and a solid understanding of organizational development theory.
- Extensive knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the proven ability to motivate and lead individuals and teams.
- Experience in developing and delivering training curriculums in support of large scale and technical change initiatives.
- Detail oriented and organized, with a strong business acumen and a familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences. Excellent active listening skills.
- Able to build and maintain relationships, working effectively at all levels of the organization. Skilled at influencing others, building consensus, and moving toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause identification skills that enhance working with problems that are complex and often unique. Ability to maintain flexibility and resilience when working in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAND FOR SOMETHING. JOIN US.