Spectrum Sharing Shows Promise for Broadband Access
May 16, 2019
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service, or CBRS, has introduced a new spectrum sharing business model that will improve broadband coverage in rural America.
- A robust hardware ecosystem will help reduce capital costs and give operators time to market benefits.
- Spectrum sharing enables smaller operators to deploy “carrier grade” fixed wireless networks without having to invest in licensed spectrum.
- Deploying standards-based equipment will increase network valuations, improve throughput speeds, and make regional CBRS operators strategically attractive to tier-one operators looking to expand their coverage footprints.
- The CBRS band is an attractive option for CAF-II recipients to meet their buildout requirements.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.